• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


How do we contact Rumbling Bald on Lake Lure?

For additional information on our weddings and wedding events, please email or call us at 828.694.3009.

How do we get to Rumbling Bald on Lake Lure?

Rumbling Bald on Lake Lure is located at 112 Mountains Blvd., Lake Lure, North Carolina. We are approximately 2 hours from Charlotte, 1.5 hours from Greenville, SC, and a 1-hour drive from Asheville NC. Directions

Can we "afford" to get married at Rumbling Bald on Lake Lure?

Yes! We know wedding budgets vary for everyone, but when compared to most city wedding venues, you will find our rates to be a pleasant surprise as you develop your wedding budget.

How many can you accommodate?

We provide multiple wedding venues that are designed to accommodate weddings as small as 10 people to a beautiful lakeside Wedding Gazebo site that accommodates up to 200 guests. Depending on the size of your wedding, we can schedule all your wedding events at one of our beautiful mountain venues.

If we book the Wedding Gazebo and it rains what happens?

The covered Lakeview Terrace can be used as your last minute back up plan. The staff will take the chairs from around the tables at the reception and place them theatre style on the dance floor. When the ceremony is over the staff will place the chairs back around the tables.

Do you have inside reception space?

Yes. Our Lakeview Terrace can be transformed into an “inside” reception space.  We have custom-made transparent panels that cover the windows and openings of the Terrace. These panels block the wind or rain, but are unobtrusive and you will still have the magnificent view of Lake Lure.  We also offer heaters for those cooler evenings.

Does Rumbling Bald supply the food or can we bring in our own catering?

All food and beverage must be supplied and served by Rumbling Bald. Our award-winning culinary team has created a wonderful selection of wedding menus in a variety of price ranges. Certain peak dates require food and beverage minimums. You are allowed to bring in your wedding cake or groom’s cake.

What about the bar? Can we supply that or does the resort?

Rumbling Bald has to supply the bar items.

Do you have vendors that you recommend?

Yes, we have a vendor list with everyone from photographers, wedding coordinators, officiants, DJs, bands, videographers, bakers, and more. This list was compiled by brides that have used and recommended these vendors to us.

If I do not use a vendor from your list, will I be charged an additional fee?

No, there are no additional fees for using vendors that are not on the list.

Will we be able to sample the food?

Yes, we do offer a taste testing. You can pick up to four items from the menus and bring up to six guests for the tasting. Taste testing appointments need to be made at least two weeks in advance with the wedding sales manager.

What size tables are used at the reception?

We have 72” round tables that seat ten people per table or 60″ rounds that seat eight people per table.

Do you provide a table for the cake, and is there a cake cutting fee?

Yes, we provide a table for your cake. After you cut the cake and have taken pictures, our staff will cut the cake and serve to your guests. There is a fee for this service. If you plan on saving the top layer, be sure the baker leaves a box for you to take it home.

Is there a place for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready?

Yes, we provide (at no additional cost) a bridal changing area. The room has a sitting area with a couch and loveseat, three makeup mirrors, a full length mirror and a changing area.

Do you allow dogs at the ceremony?

Yes, we have had quite a few cute dogs make the walk down the aisle.

Are the wedding gazebo and reception area handicap accessible?

Yes, there is private access where guests can drive down and enter the wedding gazebo area.

Are Salon Services available for weddings?

Yes we offer a variety of Salon and Bridal Services.

How do we obtain a valid North Carolina marriage license?

A valid North Carolina Marriage License may be obtained by contacting the Registrar of Deeds in Rutherford County at 828.287.6155. The office is located in Rutherfordton, a small town about 20 miles from the resort. The office is open Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm. The cost for the license is $60.00, and it must be used within 30 days. There is no waiting period or blood test required. A driver’s license or birth certificate and Social Security card is required for both bride and groom.

Can we or our Photographer use a drone to film?

Out of safety concerns for members, guests, employees, and our property, as well as concerns for individual privacy, Rumbling Bald on Lake Lure prohibits the operation or use of unmanned aerial systems (UAV’s) or drones, by the general public, including recreational users and hobbyists without prior written authorization from Rumbling Bald. This prohibition includes drones used for any purpose whatsoever, whether filming or videotaping or by media or journalists operating above or within our boundaries. This prohibition on drone operations or use extends to any drones launched or operated from our property, as well as drones launched from private property outside of our boundaries. Please contact the Rumbling Bald Security Department, 828.694.3046, if you have any questions or if you have appropriate governmental authorization allowing you to operate drones above Rumbling Bald. Any authorized operation of drones must be in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations, local law enforcement, and US Forest Service rules, as well as those policies separately established by Rumbling Bald. These authorizations, regulations and rules generally require an application to the FAA, certification, training, various restrictions, safety and national security clearances, and a specific limited purpose, as well as insurance coverage, indemnification requirements, and waivers and releases of liability. Any violation of this policy may involve suspension of your privileges, guest’s removal from the property, in addition to penalties or other actions that may be taken by any of the other regulatory agencies noted above.

Please note that only licensed and insured pilots will be considered.