At Rumbling Bald on Lake Lure, we consider ourselves lucky to be home to two beautiful championship golf courses. We want everyone to enjoy playing our courses so we’ve put together a list of quick tips and facts for playing at Bald Mountain Golf Course. Bald Mountain golf course was the first created at Rumbling Bald. This challenging course is complemented by gorgeous mountain views and the towering rock-faced cliffs it was named for.
- As a 72 par, 18-hole course it contains five par 5 holes, five par 3 holes, and eight par 4 holes.
- Small greens and narrow tree-lined fairways.
- All putts tend to break towards Bald Mountain.
- Scene location from the hit movie “Dirty Dancing” on hole #16.
- The course has four sets of tees and measures 6,283 yards.
- Course rating of 70.9 and a slope rating of 128.
- Leave the driver in the bag and make sure you concentrate on hitting the fairway.
- The greens are small in size and demand your full attention.
- The fairways are tight and tree-lined, you will surely meet trouble if you miss them.
- On hole #13 hit it as close as you can to the 100-yard marker to make sure you have a view of the green below.
- Hole #4, par 3, take one less club off the tee to make up for the elevation change.
- The course begins and ends with a short par 5 so take advantage of it.