Greg Francis – Head Golf /Teaching Professional
Greg Francis has been at our beautiful, mountain golf courses for over 25 years. He was born and raised beneath the Georgia pines and made his way to North Carolina later in his life. He started here as a Cart Attendant and worked his way into the pro shop and has not left since. He has a wife, Jennifer, and three children, Gabrielle, Xavier, and India. You may recognize the names Gabrielle and India as they have been part of our golf team here at Rumbling Bald. Greg and Jennifer live here in Rumbling Bald and are property owners.
Greg’s gift of teaching is evident when you get to spend time with him on the range. His greatest attribute is his ability to mold his teachings around the student’s ability. He always finds a way to make sure that his students leave with new knowledge of the game and a smile on their face. His infectious personality along with his knowledge of the golf swing will put you at ease and you will see results right away!
- 1 Hour Lesson $50. Spend an hour on the tee or at the short game area to sharpen our skills.
- Playing Lesson $150. Spend two hours of one-on-one instruction out on our Apple Valley Golf Course. Includes Greens Fee.
- Package of Three $100. Purchase three 30 minute lessons for $100. Spread out your time with Greg and get some quick, effective tips to get you on your way.
Peter Elgie – Teaching Professional
Bald Mountain is pleased to welcome Peter Elgie as our new Teaching Professional. Peter emigrated to North Carolina from his years in Muskoka, Canada as the Professional and Junior Golf Director at The Rock (Faldo) Golf Club. Also, Peter played NCAA D1 Golf at Tulane University and went on to earn a Master’s in Education at Canisius College. His unique skills as both a professional teacher and golfer will really transform our golf programming at Rumbling Bald on Lake Lure.
Peter’s engaging personality and positive style of teaching is unbelievably effective and simple to understand for golfers at every skill level. His goal is always to grow his pupils’ knowledge of the game and enable them to teach themselves. Peter has always offered a full satisfaction guarantee on his lessons, although nobody has ever wanted it. He will have new golfers able to play after their first lesson and the highest-level golfers understanding and fixing elements they have struggled with forever – promising the best golf lesson you will ever have!
- 15 Minute Fix $20. Pick a part of your game for a quick tune up or targeted improvement. Book three lessons for only $50 and save.
- 1 Hour Lesson $50. Select a comprehensive deep dive to your game for this hour session. Purchase more and save. Book five lessons for $225 or ten lessons for $400 and save.
- Full Game Lesson $90. Enrich your total game with a devoted 100 minute one-on-one session devoted to swinging, chipping, and putting.
- Playing Lesson $150. Spend two hours of one-on-one instruction out on our Bald Mountain Golf Course. Includes Greens Fee.*
- Learn To Golf $30. Held every Thursday from 10:00am – 11:30am. For newbies and beginners.
- Juniors $20. Held every Friday from 1:00pm – 2:00pm. Any skill level for ages 7 and up.
Each clinic may service 2-6 golfers per session.
To sign up for clinics, call the Bald Mountain Pro Shop at 828.694.3042.