Rumbling Bald is committed to maintaining and improving its infrastructure and amenities to add value to and enhance the community for its members and guests. Each year a considerable project list is developed to address the areas where improvements are necessary to maintain Rumbling Bald’s status as the premier Lake Lure community.
Rumbling Bald is currently updating its Master Plan that will help drive robust, efficient, and sustainable growth for the association. This strategic initiative will provide for a long-term, vibrant community for its members and guests to enjoy well into the future.
- Replacement of greens at Apple Valley Golf Course
- Tree removal & pruning at Rumbling Bald & Apple Valley Golf Courses to improve playability
- Installation of an access control system at the member marina
- Creek bank stabilization & installation of a new bridge over Trout Stream near the Wellness Center
- Paving Study completed to guide annual road maintenance efforts
- Fitness Center outfitted with new equipment
- Replacement of rental pontoon boat fleet
- New boardwalk and cabana deck
Future Initiatives (1-5 years):
- Fiber optic infrastructure installation bringing a high-speed connection to every lot, projected completion 2023
- Game courts resurfacing, projected completion in 2021
- Dredging of Bald Mountain Lake
- Enclosure of the Lakeview Terrace patio, projected completion (TBD)