- This event has passed.
At Rumbling Bald on Lake Lure, we’re getting ready for one of our favorite annual events: the Lake Lure Olympiad. Join us on the weekend of August 13 – 15 for Western North Carolina’s largest, 3-day sports festival, and a treasured Lake Lure tradition. The Lake Lure Olympiad Sports Festival is a non-profit organization staffed entirely by volunteers dedicated to creating a weekend of fun and fitness to benefit local charitable giving. Over the years, the Lake Lure Olympiad has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for local charities, including area volunteer fire departments and EMS services. This year, Rumbling Bald is honored to host the Lake Lure Olympiad once again to calibrate and support the incredible community of Lake Lure and Hickory Nut Gorge.
Friday, August 13th at Rumbling Bald
- 8:30am Golf Tournament at Bald Mountain Golf Course
- 7:00pm 10K Slam the Dam Run. Starts at Ingles Grocery
- 8:00pm FREE Ice Cream Social at the Lakeview Terrace
Saturday, August 14th at Rumbling Bald
- 8:00am Lake Lure Triathlon 750M Swim • 22.3K Bike • 5K Run
- 10:00am Junior Olympiad for Kids ages 4-14
Sunday, August 15th at Chimney Rock State Park
- 7:45am Race to the Rock 5K Run
Athletes and attendees receive 10% OFF* lodging with code OLYMPIAD2021.
*Minimum night stay required and exclusions may apply. Call 828.694.3015 for details.
Lake Lure Olympiad Golf Tournament
- Where: Bald Mountain Golf Course at Rumbling Bald on Lake Lure
- When: Friday, August 13th • 8:30am Shotgun Start
- Registration begins at 7:15am
2 Flights: Women & Men
Format: Handicapped Scramble
Prizes: Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top 3 teams in each flight. Plus, Pro Shop Gift Certificates. Prizes for closest to the pin on Par 3’s.
Cost: Non Members Olympiad: $30* Rumbling Bald GC: $35 +tax**
RBR Golf Members Olympiad: $30* Rumbling Bald GC: regular fees**
POA Members Olympiad: $30* Rumbling Bald GC: $35 +tax**
To learn more, download an entry form OR the Pro Shop 828.694.3041.