- This event has passed.
At Rumbling Bald on Lake Lure, we’re getting ready for one of our favorite annual events: the Lake Lure Olympiad. Join us on the weekend of August 11-13 for Western North Carolina’s largest, 3-day sports festival, and a treasured Lake Lure tradition. The Lake Lure Olympiad Sports Festival is a non-profit organization staffed entirely by volunteers dedicated to creating a weekend of fun and fitness to benefit local charitable giving. Over the years, the Lake Lure Olympiad has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for local charities, including area volunteer fire departments and EMS services. This year, Rumbling Bald is honored to host the Lake Lure Olympiad once again to celebrate and support the incredible community of Lake Lure and Hickory Nut Gorge.
Important Road Closures Map
Members and Guests should expect road closures and delays during specific events. Click here to download the map.
Schedule of Events
Friday, August 11th at Rumbling Bald
- 10K Slam the Dam Run
- Beachside Cookout from 11am-8pm
- Free Ice Cream Social • 7:30pm Lakeview Terrace
Saturday, August 12th at Rumbling Bald
Sunday, August 13th at Chimney Rock State Park
Athletes and attendees receive 10% OFF* available lodging with code OLYMPIAD2023.
*Minimum night stay required and exclusions may apply. Call 828.694.3015 for details.
Lake Lure Olympiad Golf Tournament
- Where: Bald Mountain Golf Course
- When: Friday, August 4th • 8:30am Shotgun Start (Registration begins at 7:15am)
- 2 Flights: Women & Men
- Format: Handicapped Scramble
- Prizes: Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top 3 teams in each flight. Plus, Pro Shop Gift Certificates. Prizes for closest to the pin on Par 3’s.
For more information, call the Pro Shop 828.694.3042.